More Warning Signs a Divorce Could Be Around the Corner
Additional red flags that your spouse may be planning to divorce you can be that (s)he:
5 – Is Juggling Major Assets and/or Making a Suspicious Number of Loans/Gifts
Has your partner recently transferred some major assets – like real estate, vehicles, etc. – out of his or her name and into someone else’s name? Or has your spouse recently been making some substantial loans or gifts to friends and/or relatives?
If so – and if you are getting unreasonable or fishy answers about why this has happened, this could be another sign that your partner is planning a divorce. Just like reductions in income, transferring or gifting assets to others can be a sneaky way to try to:
- Prevent these assets from being included in the marital estate.
- Not have these assets be split up in the divorce.
6 – Is Running Up/Maxing Out Joint Lines of Credit
Have the charges on your joint credit cards suddenly skyrocketed? Or are your joint lines of credit all maxed out?
If so – and if this seems to have happened overnight without your doing, you may be facing another big red flag that your spouse is planning a divorce. By running up charges on joint credit lines, people who are getting ready to file for divorce can:
- Stockpile funds to retain a divorce attorney.
- Try to prevent you from having the financial support you may need to retain a lawyer and/or support yourself during divorce later.
7 – Has Stopped Informing You of His or Her Financial Situation
Are you suddenly on the outside of your marital financial situation? Has your partner stopped informing you about the finances or intentionally misled you about them?
Such tactics often come into play when people are preparing for divorce, as these people may be trying to:
- Start financially separating from you.
- Obscure your understanding of your marital property and/or their “separate” property.
- Hide assets in divorce.
- Position themselves to get the better resolution in their upcoming divorce cases.
Scottsdale Divorce Attorney at the Law Office of Karen A. Schoenau
So, do you think your spouse is planning a divorce? If so, you can turn to Scottsdale Divorce Attorney Karen Schoenau the best Arizona divorce representation. Since 1987, Karen Schoenau has been dedicated to providing her clients with the highest-quality legal services at reasonable rates.
When you trust your important family law issues in the experienced hands of Scottsdale Divorce Attorney Karen Schoenau, you can rely on her to:
- Aggressively advocate your best interests in any legal setting.
- Work closely with you to help you understand your best options for resolving your family law issues.
- Do what it takes to bring your case to a successful resolution.
To receive professional advice and learn more about how we can help you, schedule an initial consultation with Attorney Karen Schoenau of the Law Office of Karen A. Schoenau. You can set up this meeting by calling 480-467-3435 or by emailing us using the drop-down contact form at the top of this page.
From her offices based in Scottsdale, Attorney Karen Schoenau represents clients throughout the metropolitan Scottsdale area, including Scottsdale, Mesa, Surprise, Maricopa County, Pinal County, Gila County and throughout the state of Arizona.